Confession: I live paycheck to paycheck
September 1, 2014
Thankfully I now have You Need A Budget, an award-winning budgeting tool for Mac and PC
It's uncomfortable for me to say this but ... I live paycheck to paycheck.
Yet I have a full-time job with a high salary.
You may be wondering how that's possible.
Well, let's face it ... life is expensive as hell.
I never really realized it until I listed it all out. Every month I have to:
- Pay rent ($1,550)
- Pay cable and electric bills ($150)
- Pay for car insurance ($100)
- Pay for health insurance ($200)
- Pay off my college debts ($500)
- Pay for tacos/eating out ($500)
- Pay for random crap here and there ($300)
So when I get my paycheck for the month ... all my money disappears :-(
Yet I KNOW I should be saving.
Why? Because I want to buy a house one day. I want to get a new car. I want to retire at some point.
I want to live without worrying about money.
The solution: a budget.
But frankly ... that just sounds complicated and boring.
Thankfully, I recently found something that makes it dead easy ...
You Need A Budget (YNAB for short) is an AMAZING tool that helps you take full control of your money.
It's based on a proven method with just four basic rules:
- Give every dollar a job: Assign your dollars to different categories like rent, groceries, spending money, etc.
- Save for a rainy day: Make sure to account for larger, less-frequent expenses (Medical bills, vacation, Christmas).
- Roll with the punches: Be flexible and address overspending before moving on to the next month.
- Live on last month’s income: Now it’s time to save. Spend this month, what you earned last month.
YNAB makes it super easy to follow this framework with their beautiful software:
Here’s what’s included with YNAB:
- Cloud Sync to check balances and record transactions on the go with your phone/tablet (iPhone, Android, and iPad support).
- Support for PC and Mac. A single license is good for all the computers in your home.
- Ability to use global currencies: Dollars, Euros, Pounds, Rupees, and just about every other currency in the world.
- Incredible support: You’ll get access to free live classes, screencasts, a dedicated forum and more.
Thousands of others like me LOVE using YNAB. Just by looking on Twitter I saw tons of people raving about it:
Regularly, YNAB sells for $60 which already is a steal for the amazing software you get for life.
For the next 72 hours only, we’re giving it to you for only $30 (that’s 50% off!)
$30 and it’s yours FOREVER. No annoying subscriptions or anything.