What people think of your website
March 1, 2013
Improve your site based on actual user feedback with UserTesting.com
My last start-up was my baby. It was everything to me.
I constantly obsessed over my website and wanted to add links, buttons, and more features. I thought “My visitors will love this, I just know it!”
But ... I wasn’t actually even asking what real visitors wanted. What if these new features were doing more harm than good?
I finally decided to get some feedback and put a gig on Craigslist. I told people I’d pay them $20 if I could watch them use my website.
And ... the feedback I got was useless.
Some dude came in and just said, "Yeah, it's pretty good."
Not too helpful.
If you have a website and want valuable feedback that you can act on, I have something special for you.
UserTesting.com gives you access to pre-screened, articulate, and observant testers to show you why users leave your website.
With UserTesting.com, you can:
- Target a demographic for your niche so you’re getting feedback from people who would regularly visit your site
- Watch video recordings of people browsing your site and hear them describe where they get stuck or confused
- Send them “Tasks” to accomplish on your site and learn how easy (or hard) it is for them to accomplish it (e.g., “find a gift for your wife”)
- You can even have your competitor’s site reviewed to see what they’re doing wrong and avoid the same blunders on your site. Smart, huh? ;-)
Just check out this video of a real tester from UserTesting.com:
UserTesting.com is incredibly simple to use. It only takes 3 steps:
- Create your test and describe the tasks in as little as 3 minutes.
- Pick your demographic of testers.
- Get feedback in an hour.
Regularly, 5 user tests will cost you $195.
Because we love you sumo-ling, you can get 5 user tests here from the qualified UserTesting.com testers for just $99 (that's almost 50% off!)