33 Email Templates every Small Business Needs
September 3, 2013
Over 10 years of email research put together in our most popular product ever
Do you ever wonder why your friends / co-workers get tons of responses to their emails, while others blast away and wind up staring at one or two lonely replies?
This Sumo himself is solely responsible for several million emails that generate real responses, and is excited to open his "results e-kimono" to you...with 33 great email templates on getting your emails out of the trash folder. The cost: less than the price of a roll of (remember these) stamps!
The templates should be used instantly but that's not the most valuable thing in this product. It is the psychology of the emails effectiveness which will help you craft the best emails for your audience.
How did we curate the most effective emails for your business?
- We’ve tested a TON of emails at AppSumo (we send 20 million a month).
- I included emails that helped me sell over $18 million dollars in 1 year.
- A few of our expert friends shared emails that have worked for getting press and more. They were reluctant to share BUT after some Taco Deli tacos all hell breaks loose.
Warning. If you write "corporatey" emails all day or not comfortable trying out a new style then this is not the product for you.
Here's a message I received yesterday:
"I was wondering if you might have time to critique our pitch via Skype before we go? We would both really value your opinion.
I know you are a seriously busy guy, but we only need like 20 mins max of your time!"
- Clear fail of the "I test" where you should check how many I's you include when emailing.
- Did he consider the WIFT strategy at all? "What's-in-it-for-them?" Is he my long-lost brother? No. Has he made an effort to make me excited to help him? No.
- Any flattery? There are specific trigger words / phrases he can use to make me way more likely to respond.
We'll show you the exact template to use to get people to want to respond.
You send emails all day, why would you need this?
- Your emails aren't working and you want some inspiration to change things up
- You have writers block and just want to use an email template that has been proven to work
- You want new tactics on what will make your email get responded to
Every template includes an actual email, the psychology of each template and the ability to automagically populate your email client with the template. Yay, laziness!
Here are the 33 emails you'll receive:
- How to figure out the perfect gift for a client
- Cold intro using a common acquaintance
- Ask for intro approval
- Introducing two people
- Email someone you met at an event
- The lunch meeting email (aka cold email)
- Cold email to prospect
- Cold email (no response)
- Get a contract back ASAP
- The $500,000 email
- Reply to a deal being accepted
- Reply to being turned down
- How to get a Biz-Dev deal
- Get on TechCrunch
- Get on Lifehacker
- Get a connection to tweet for you
- How to guest post by Laura Roeder
- How to guest post by Laura Roeder v2
- Email for a guest blog post
- Company newsletter update
- Keep in touch with existing clients
- Tell your customer NO to a discount (politely)
- Ask for a referral from a customer
- Get feedback from unhappy customers
- Welcome email for a new customer
- Ask for a testimonial
- Recruit for a job through LinkedIn
- Request a LinkedIn contact
- Hunting for prospects on LinkedIn
- Reject a phone call or meeting
- Get someone to stop writing long emails
- Bargain with a service provider
- Saying no to giving an opinion
- Chief Sumo's Secret Inbox Strategies
- 50% off a year of service with FollowUp.cc
- How To: Gmail Canned Response
- Email tear down
- Download all templates in text format
One included email template is how to negotiate lower rates with a service provider. Once you use it, this product pays for itself.
But wait there's more (I've always wanted to write that):
- 50% off a year of service with FollowUp.cc (my secret weapon for emailing)
- My 10 best ever inbox strategies (I am really considering not sharing these)
- How to use Gmail Canned Response (saves me about 3 hours a week with Gmail)
- Live Tear downs of emails (see emails go from not to hot)
Here’s what Nate Shivar thought of the product:
"Whoa. That's exactly what I've been wanting. It's already earned a place on my Bookmarks Bar - right next to Gmail.
The Referral email template would've saved me an hour last night - I'd gladly pay $50+ for this."
How valuable would it be if your emails got the responses you wanted?