You know that saying, “Practice makes perfect”?
I hate that saying. Because in reality, NOTHING is perfect. Or ever will be.
BUT...you can take steps to keep things running at 99.999%. Things like your web app.
Because if your web app breaks, becomes sluggish, or just melts down right in front of your eyes, well...you’re going to lose a lot of users and that will only be the beginning of harder times and a harder boss on your arse.
You can’t constantly be monitoring your site every single hour of every single day, that’s time that could be better spent on innovating and making your web app better.
So, what’s a savvy web developer like you suppose to do to make sure your web app is running in tip-top shape and keeps your boss happy?
Simple, just sign up for New Relic and you’ll be able to kick back and work on stuff that’s important to you, instead of being the Mr. Red-Eyed-Coffee-Is-My-Fuel maintenance zombie.
New Relic is a service that tracks exactly what your customers are experiencing — from the moment they click until the page has loaded.
So if there is ever a problem that your users are facing, you can find it — fast. Because if your customers have to call, then it’s too late.
Here’s what you get with New Relic:
New Relic gives you COMPLETE visibility anytime you want it. You’ll be able to view the health and availability of your app so you can be sure it’s tuned, optimized and running at peak performance. You’ll also have the added the ability to see where your app can be fixed right down to the line of code.
- Visibility across your entire app - Aggregate application response time, throughput, topology mapping and database operations summary
- Troubleshoot and diagnose bottlenecks - From transaction tracing at the component level to a slow SQL
- Receive proactive notifications - Get notified of problems BEFORE they become major with alerts and notifications, error and availability reports and weekly performance reports.
- And get easy reporting - Availability/SLA reports, deployment history, scalability and database capacity analysis.
Troubleshooting 101: Is it the app or the server?
With New Relic, now you’ll know.
Get critical web server resource data in the context of real-time application performance, whether your apps are deployed in the cloud or in your data center.
You’ll be able to:
- See your servers from the app perspective - Get dev and ops on the same page by seeing the impact of server utilization on your app performance.
- Monitor server metrics - System metrics for CPU, memory, network and processes
- And fit it all with your existing environment - Deploy on as many servers as you need—without configuration
What makes your boss happy makes you happy, and when you’re able to save on infrastructure & maintenance while eliminating weeks or even months of implementation time, that’s something to feel awesome about.
It’s also awesome that New Relic integrates with today’s development tools like JIRA, PagerDuty, Pivotal Tracker and others to make it easy to fit New Relic into your process.
So join the other 25,000+ active accounts from customers like...
- 37 Signals
- And more!
...and let New Relic do the hard work for you!
You can also let this Sumo do some of the heavy lifting for you and get you 30 days FREE of the New Relic Pro Edition (normally $149/month/server).
Hey, we get it, it can be difficult to convince your boss that you NEED something like this without his objection to spending more money get in the way. New Relic gets it too, that’s why they’re letting Sumo-lings try it out free for 30 days.
See what New Relic can do for you and your business starting TODAY!
This free Pro Edition deal won’t last long and I suppose you could try out their Lite plan for free but you won’t see the full potential, and it suddenly becomes a harder sell for your boss.
You really don’t have a good enough excuse to not try it, so just forward this page to whoever is in charge and let the app speak for itself.
The “Taco Sauce Nerd” Chief Sumo
P.S. - For a limited time while we’re offering the Pro Edition plan—for free—we’re also giving away a free, limited edition Wanna Be Sumo/New Relic t-shirt to the first 200 Sumo-lings who sign-up and deploy!