Free web classes with actionable advice!
First, a story...
Once upon a time, there was an entrepreneur who had a great idea for a new product. He spent the next two years building out his brain child. Many a night were spent in his colourless basement, toiling into the wee hours of the morning to get his product finished.
He drained his own savings, took out a mortgage on his house, and even borrowed some extra money from his family and friends to help himself stay afloat until the big day.
"It'll be HUGE," he'd say. His close friends would always agree with a reassuring nod and a smile.
Finally, one day, he finished his product. He shot emails out to his list of bloggers and prepared for the media blitz. After all, his product was the Next-Big-Thing. So, he scaled up his servers and sat by the phone waiting for a call from Wolf Blizter, pleading to give him an exclusive interview on CNN.
But guess what happened? Nothing. A few small blog sites posted on his story, but he only got two signups. Nobody bought his product, and the entrepreneur was left puzzled, lacking sleep and out a bunch of time and the bulk of his savings.
Don't let this happen to you.
Let Ash show you how to avoid building something people won't want!
One of Ash Maurya's mantras is life's to short to build stuff nobody wants. There are ways to find out if someone will want your product, without having to lock yourself away from all civilization for years on end. You look better if you get a little sun anyway. ;-)
Ash will teach you how to vet your new product ideas, and save yourself time, money and effort. Sign up below to join us for the live class. There will also be a Q&A session where you can ask Ash your startup related questions.
Sound Interesting? Tweet about this and help use spread the word. :)
When and where?
- When? Wednesday, July 6th, from 12:00pm-1:00pm PST.
- Where? Online via a live video stream. Sign up below to get the link before the class starts, and for the video to watch it afterwards.
Ash Maurya is the founder of USERcycle. Since bootstrapping his last company seven years ago, he has launched five products and one peer-to-web application framework. He has been rigorously applying customer development and lean start-up techniques to his products, which he frequently writes about on his blog and recently turned into a book: Running Lean.
Ash holds a bachelor of science in electrical engineering from Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) and resides in Austin, Texas, with his wife, two children and two dogs.
Ash can be found as @ashmaurya on Twitter, and he blogs at AshMaurya.com.
Sign up for the class
Sign up to get the link for Ash's live Action Class. By registering, you'll also get:
- Access to the live class: Participate in the chat and ask the speaker questions.
- After the class, you'll get access to the online video version
- An email notice when a new class is coming up
- (Coming Soon) Downloadable MP3 podcast of each live Action Class
- (Coming Soon) Video download of all Action Classes
On Twitter? Follow @appsumo to hear about new classes.
- September 6th at 9am PST: Dave Collins from SoftwarePromotions.com will be showing you 21 Ways to Push Your Website's Visitors to your Competition. (These are the things you *don't* want to do ;)
- October 12th at 9am PST: Lewis Howes teaches you secrets to leveraging LinkedIn.
Have another speaker or topic you'd like to have covered? Let us know here